ABN Assistant™ WEB
Medical necessity denials cost hospitals hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars every year in write-offs, plus costly staff time researching and appealing denials and responding to patient concerns. Even physician practices often lose thousands to tens of thousands of dollars annually for physician, lab and imaging services.
Why Do Healthcare Providers Prefer ABN Assistant WEB?
ABN Assistant™ WEB can stop over 90% of these denials within 45 days after implementation. ABN Assistant™ WEB is easy to use and can be implemented immediately as a web application. As a web application, there is no software to install, no updates to be made, freeing up your IT Staff. Comprehensive coding tools make coding easier, even for non-coders. In seconds, staff can validate an order for medical necessity. When necessary, a fully completed Medicare-compliant ABN form can be printed, ready for patient's signature, including the estimated cost. (Electronic signature capture options are also available.)
ABN Assistant™ WEB subscriptions provide everything you need, plus an impressive set of utilities and all-inclusive support (see the table below for more information about some of the features our users have come to rely upon). All code and edit updates are included, with data updated within 2 business days of the change being published. And every subscription includes unlimited, toll-free policy and technical support. We even answer the telephone when you call during business hours - no automated answering system, no outsourced call desk. Your calls are answered by our staff, and answers are provided promptly. Our exceptional service and commitment to our clients is one of the reasons we have a client retention rate of over 96%.
Pay Only for What You Need
We know that not every provider needs the full scope of medical necessity management software. That's why we provide standard packages in several sizes, so that you can find one that is just what you need.
- Physician Web Suite - MAC/Carrier (Part B) edits only
- Laboratory Web Version - MAC/FI (Part A) and/or MAC/Carrier (Part B) for clinical lab services
- Radiology Web Version - MAC/FI(Part A) and/or MAC/Carrier (Part B) for radiology facilities
- Hospital Web Version - MAC/FI(Part A) and/or MAC/Carrier (Part B) for all available NCDs and LCDs, including lab and radiology
- ABN eSignature WEB Module - use electronic signature keypads to collect, store, and reprint patient ABN forms for your web application.
Not Just Medicare - Commercial Payers Too!
ABN Assistant™ WEB provides some of the most comprehensive tools to manage Medicare medical necessity requirements. But did you know that you can use this same familiar tool to manage most commercial payer requirements as well? One completely integrated interface, can handle all of your medical necessity checking.
Other payers you need? Call us to check on their availability.
What Our Users Say
No matter how good a system looks, what's important is how well it works for the users in the midst of their daily job responsibilities. And in healthcare, that means constant interruptions, patient questions, and constantly changing rules. How does ABN Assistant WEB hold up? Listen to what our users say!
"Because I'm able to print, it allows me to educate the patient if the procedure is not covered. The patient is happy to know if a procedure is not covered so they can make a decision to cover the cost or not." - B.H., Ohio
"We absolutely love the Yost system. It has saved us so much money." - P.D., Massachusetts
"Your support is the best we've ever had. I can't say enough about how fast you respond and how helpful you are." - J.S., New Jersey
"You have a great program and excellent service." - K.B., Texas
"I really like the screen where you can get a list of covered diagnoses." - D.L., California
"Typing in CPT and ICD9 codes is really fast." - J.H, Michigan
Profile of Our Typical Admissions-Level User:
Education and Training of our Average User:
- 75% of users report an education level less than a bachelor's degree
- 71% of users report less than 2 years' coding experience
- 62% of users report that they have received no coding training
Satisfaction of our Average User:
- 73% of users can enter procedure and diagnosis information and determine ABN necessity in under 30 seconds
- 88% of users can print a completed ABN with patient information in under 45 seconds
- 92% of users rate ABN Assistant "very easy" to learn
- 93% of users rate ABN Assistant "very easy" to use
Summary of Most Popular Features
ABN Assistant™ WEB provides many tools and utilities to assist providers in managing medical necessity, coding, and reimbursement issues. Although you may not need all of these features initially, they are all available when you need them.
- All of your data is provided specifically for LCDs from your MAC, FI (Part A Intermediary) or Carrier (Part B), in addition to all CMS National (NCD) policies. Need both Part A and Part B? No problem -- and no extra cost, either! Need databases for private/commercial payers? These are also available for many insurers. For all of our subscriptions, we provide CPT/ICD-9 coding requirements, as well as frequency edits and other important coverage restrictions.
- Locate any valid procedure or diagnosis by description or code in seconds. Also view CCI rules and CodeTips, a selection of coding guidelines and corrective action recommendations.
- Define your own abbreviations and quick names for common procedures and diagnoses. Shortens coding time dramatically, and allows for flexible order entry terminology, including existing chargemaster codes.
- Create user, department, or facility-wide favorites list. Another way to make coding simple and fast.
- More easily find results for common abbreviations and synonyms. You can even make your own search terms or customize the search parameters to allow for local abbreviations and physician terminology preferences.
- Complete reporting for both auditing and educational efforts, with print preview and clipboard options. Reports by date, procedure, diagnosis, dollar value, provider, patient, most common rejections, top 10 reports, and more.
- All manuals, user guides, training materials and web-based training are provided at no charge; on-site training also available. 98% of help requests resolved on the same business day. File conversions for your chargemaster, physician files, and other support files? We convert them quickly (same-day service if requested), as many times as you need them throughout the year -- at no extra cost.
- Receive immediate feedback about procedures approved only for inpatient settings. Avoid place of service denials and lost revenue.
- Receive unparalleled service, at a highly competitive price. Whatever your request or need, we will work with you to resolve or answer it. And with our all-support-and-upgrades included policy, never worry about surprise bills or fees.
- Allows providers to view Medicare reimbursements for any procedure. Also allows customized RVU-based fee calculations for private payers, Medicaid, and setting provider fees.
- Immediate access to tables of valid modifiers, physical status codes, place of service codes, and CPT and ICD-9 coding guidelines. A convenient source of information for researching claim and coding-related issues.
- We provide the most accurate data in the industry. And when mistakes do happen, we fix it immediately. No hassles, no delays.
- Low-cost workstation licenses that include unlimited support, including referring/affiliated physician offices. Why not work together with your medical staff?
The Databases You Need
ABN Assistant Encoder
Quick-pick list (Favorites)
Assisted Search and SmartSearch
Full Report Utilities
Training and Support
Fee Schedule Calculator
View Product Literature
Download the ABN Assistant product sheet.
Download this resource guide which provides a brief overview of the regulatory environment, the process challenges, and key factors in implementation success, as well as a checklist to help you determine your needs.
Request Information Packet and Demo
Request an information packet, schedule a demonstration, or request a quote and purchase forms.